Winter freeze

Even I will not try to garden this weekend as we have a few days of winter that a British friend of mine would call "proper weather".

We did fill all the bird feeders with black sunflower seed, suet and thistle. Tomorrow and as long as this freeze lasts, we will add boiling water to the birdbath so the birds have a place to get water.

Two companies have sent the seeds I ordered but I will wait another couple of weeks to start the Brussel sprouts and other cool weather plants inside. Most years, I start them so early that they become too leggy and weak before I can put them out into a cold frame.

Cover up your legs with a blanket and enjoy a good read with a cup of something hot to drink.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moldy Tulip Bulbs

Propagate Begonia Stem Cuttings in water - Cane-like Angel Wing Begonia

Cold-hardy Gardenias for zone 7