Cactus, Blossoms, Herb Festivals and Butterfly Gardens, Oh My

CHAOS CACTUS NURSERY came to Muskogee today for the Azalea festival.

One of the very cool hand made items they brought was the frog home. Terri Mann and Bill Keeth's booth was swarmed with people when we were there. We bought wonderful succulents and hand made pots for great prices.

They will be at all the various herb festivals around the area. Don't miss them at the 19th Annual Herbal Affair & Festival, Saturday, April 19, 2008 / 9 am to 4 pm, Downtown Triangle, 2nd and Main, Sand Springs, Oklahoma. I can't go because I'll be at Muskogee's Earth Day celebration promoting vermicomposting.

Click on this link to read my article about them from Sept 2007. Or, contact Terri and Bill at Chaos Cactus Nursery in Sand Springs 918.241.3252 and email puppyfoots@hughes.net


BLOSSOM'S GARDEN CENTER
I was at Blossom's Garden Center yesterday and took a few photos to cheer us up through this weekend of freezing nights.



I'm growing a bunch of plants to make a native butterfly garden at Honor Heights Park. The details haven't been worked out yet, but I'm thinking that if I grow the plants and donate them the Parks Department will come through with a sunny spot.
The plants for caterpillar food include: Parsley, Asclepias, dill, fennel. The plants I'm growing for adult butterfly nectar include Bishop's Lace and Scented Nicotiana.

What's happening where you grow?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moldy Tulip Bulbs

Propagate Begonia Stem Cuttings in water - Cane-like Angel Wing Begonia

Create Nesting Areas for Birds and Wildlife